The term “Spend My Super” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website, Spend My Super Charitable Trust. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website https://spendmysuper.org.nz
These terms and conditions may be modified at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon web posting of the modified terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Spend My Super Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Changes to the Site and services provided
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- Spend My Super will make every effort to ensure that the site and services are constantly operational;
- Spend My Super reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
- Fundraising Site Policy
Use of Spend My Super Fundraising Services by Users under 16We strongly recommend parents or guardians supervise use of Spend My Super fundraising website by any minors under the age of 16 years. If you have any concerns whatsoever about a child’s use of our services, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charities and not for profit Organisation Members of Spend My Super (Recipient Organisations)
- All the charities and not for profit organisations that appear on the fundraising site have entered into a contractual arrangement with Spend My Super which enables us to solicit fundraising donations made on the site on their behalf. We cannot solicit donations without their permission;
- Some charities and not for profit organisations have similar names. It is your responsibility to ensure that the recipient organisation you have selected from the site is your intended recipient organisation;
- To process your donation we will collect personal information about you and grant access to your chosen charity for administrative purposes, including your name, address, telephone number and email address. By making a donation you consent to us collecting this information and disclosing it to the specified recipient charity.
- We will not release your personal information to any company outside Spend My Super for mailing or marketing purposes without your prior consent.
- Spend My Super requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable privacy, data protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
- You should be aware that if the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities requests us to provide your personal information we are entitled to do so.
- Use of Funds by Recipient Organisations
- Spend My Super makes no representations or warranties in relation to the appropriate use by recipient organisations of funds raised by use of the site or the services provided;
- Recipient organisations make no representations or warranties in relation to the specific use of funds raised except in circumstances where the organisation has expressly stated that funds raised will be applied to a particular project or appeal.
All donations are made in New Zealand Dollars (NZD) and your credit card will be charged in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
Your credit card will be charged at the time of donation and (in the case of recurring donations) at the intervals chosen when you sign up.
- By signing up for recurring donations you are agreeing that we can charge your credit card for the amount specified and at the interval specified in the sign up form.
- All recurring donations will be charged to the credit card specified in the sign up form. You can also change the frequency or the amount of regular donations at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- Recurring donations can be cancelled at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our checkout pages are securely served and encrypted using SSL. Credit cards are verified in real time using Stripe. You will be redirected to the Stripe website when you make a donation.
- The name that will appear on your statement is the name of the charity you make the donation to.
- Copyright Policy
- Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by Spend My Super for use on this website;
- The site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question;
- No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder;
- Unauthorised use of the site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Security Policy
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences;
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us;
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
- General Policy
Refunds Spend My Super solicits donations on behalf of charities. Donations are received directly by the charity and are not handled by Spend My Super. Spend My Super cannot process refunds on behalf of charities. Please contact your chosen charity directly to request a refund.Unauthorised Card UseYou agree not to use an invalid or unauthorised credit card. Once a donation is made, the transaction is final and not subject to dispute unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules.Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements;
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them;
- Spend My Super shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
- Breach of Terms and Conditions of useIn the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
- Validity and Satisfaction of Terms;
- Spend My Super accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the Spend My Super’s reasonable control;
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New Zealand;
- Any complaint made about Spend My Super by either a member of the public or an employee must be referred in the first instance to Spend My Super. Such a complaint should be specific and in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint, Spend My Super will use its best endeavours to respond to the complaint and resolve any matters arising from it within 7 days. If, following a response from Spend My Super, the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, it may be referred for consideration by the appropriate state regulatory body.